Ony 96 more training runs until my first marathon, the Walt Disney 2020 Marathon!
Wow…can you believe that May is over? Personaly, I am glad because that means summer vacation for this educator and a couple of months of morning running instead of afternoon runs in the heat and wind. I so prefer morning runs!
Let’s take a look how May was in terms of my marathon training…
- Did not miss a single training run and even made up for the one I missed in April.
- I ran my fastest pace EVER.
- I ran my fastest mile EVER.
- I learned that Jeff Galloway’s Magic mile formula for long runs really works!
- I built up to 11 miles in running distance.
- Finished another successful StepBet Challenge.
- Officially into double digits of training runs left until 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon.
- My weight loss has hit a plateau, mainly because I have not been focused and 100% on plan…modified plans get modified results. I am holding steady at 35 pounds lost since November.
Goals for June
So what does June have in store in terms of running & training? I actually have 2 races scheduled, Rock & Roll Seattle and the Slacker Half Marathon. I am hoping to get a personal best time out of one of these races and break the 3 hour barrier, which has always been a goal of mine since I started taking running seriously. I am also hoping to reach 40-45 pounds lost by my birthday at the end of the month.
How was your May training? What are your goals for June? Drop me a comment!