It’s the beginning of May and the end of my first official full month of training towards my first marathon and in true Tammie form it has been a month of highs and lows…
- Long Run Distance-I will have built my distance to 8 miles of run walk intervals. My pace is steady over the distance and is at where I have set in my own mind as what I need to do in order to cross the finish line.
- Total Mileage in 2019-I hit the 500 mile mark earlier this month in my goal to reach 2019 by December 31 at 11:59 pm. While I am behind I am hoping that summer will bring more time to get out there and just walk.
- Lots of Personal Records-It seems that each time I run, RunKeeper is telling me that I am shattering my own personal records. It is totally amazing, getting almost 40 pounds off this body has made a huge difference not only to my time but to my physical well being.
- Injury Free-I am almost scared to write this but so far the hip, the shins, and the achilles are all playing nice with each other. They have reminded my a couple of times that they are in control of this running thing but so far, so good.
- Short Runs-While I have only missed 1 short run, I am struggling to get my short runs in each week, which is frustrating since it is only 2 miles or about 30 minutes. I am so full of excuses and so tired at night. My afternoon runs are not pleasant, they feel sluggish. Come on summer, ready for some morning running.
- Weight Loss had Plateaued-This month I just lost the same 5 pounds about 4 times. I am so close to the 40 pound mark but I just can’t seem to get there.
My goals for May are pretty straight forward…
- Build my Distance to 11 miles.
- Do ALL of my short runs.
- Break the weight loss plateau and make it to as close to 45 pounds lost as I can
- Get to 700 miles by the end of May.