It’s Tuesday, so that means I am linking up with Patty, Erika & Marsha for Tuesday’s on the Run and with it being the end of the month it is time to look back on how the month went in terms of running…
I certainly hope that the old saying that April Showers (which there still continues to be no actual rain where I live) bring May flowers, because April I have had my share of ups and downs, much like the weather and hoping that in May my will bloom into something a little more consistent and focused on the #roadtofirstmarathon. Who am I kidding? It would not be my running if it was consistent.
- 8 Miles–With this weekend’s run I will have built my distance to 8 miles of run walk intervals. My pace is steady over the distance and it a pace that will keep me ahead of the balloon ladies, which is certainly a high, but I still have 18 more miles to go!
- 1 Round of Core Training Completed-I finished my first ever 6-week cycle of Core Training through the Tribe program at my gym. It is amazing how far I have come since my first class…from no push-ups to now a steady 10 in a row. I have already signed up for another 6 weeks.
- 13 pounds lost-Slow and steady will win the battle of the bulge, or at least I hope it will. I have now lost 13 pounds since January 8. Yes, it should be more as I constantly find myself fighting the battle of emotional eating. I am trying hard to stay focused and satisfied at a pound a week, plus not give into temptation. I did have a non-scale victory this month as I fit back into a pair of jeans that were in my closest, so I sized down!
- 500 Miles-I hit the 500 mile mark earlier this month in my goal to reach 2018 by December 31 at 11:59 pm. While I am behind I am hoping that summer will bring more time to get out there and just walk.
- 3 Race Events on the Horizon-I finally pushed the pay and commit button on a couple of races that I have been eyeing. I am officially running the Slacker Half in June, the Missoula Half Marathon in July and my first runDisney Running Short (Mrs. Incredible) which I plan to run to celebrate the official 5-0 mark in my life.
- Short Runs–I am struggling to get my short runs in each week, which is frustrating since it is only 2 miles or about 30 minutes. I am so full of excuses…
- Battle of Which Part of My Lower Body Wants to Have Issues-I my body is certainly feeling the 5-0 approaching and each day another part of the bottom half of my body wants to see if it can bring me down. Shins, Achilles, Knee, Hip…thankfully they each take turns, but still bring doubt and fear into whether or not 26.2 miles will be possible.
- runDisney postponing Marathon Registration-I was ready to pull the trigger and commit to the marathon last week when registration was supposed to happen, but in true runDisney form they had to make some kind of drama happen…postponing the registration of all the spring 2019 events, which makes the rumor mill go wild as to what is going on. It also makes me hesitant about committing to a DVC rental for the weekend and I am afraid of no room in the inn, or in my case no cabana on the Poly Beach.
Looking ahead to May, My goals for May are pretty straight forward…
- Build my Distance to 11 miles.
- Get my short runs in.
- Lose 8 pounds, which will bring me to pre-boot weight.
- Get to 700 miles by the end of May.
How did your April go? What are you looking forward to accomplishing in May? Drop me a comment, I would love to share in your journey with you!