Okay, I admit it…I did a little happy dance this week to burn off a few calories anticipating one of my favorite things to do in Epcot’s World Showcase, Eat & Drink Around the World because Disney released the menus of the Festival Marketplace Booth menus for this year’s International Food & Wine Festival. During most visits to Epcot my quest to experience the flavors of the World is done in 11 eat & drink stops, but from August 31 to November 13, Disney adds 35 new stops during Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival.
Guests visiting Epcot this fall will be treated to an amazing culinary adventure exploring a wide array of cooking techniques and flavors from chefs from all over the world. This is a “foodie” paradise with tasty dishes both savory & sweet, fine wine, craft beer, spirits and other beverages.
In honor of the menu release, I am looking back at my 5 favorite flavors & sips from 2016 (and a few I will get to experience again this year in addition to all the new yummies)…
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel from the chocolate studio
- Beijing Roasted Duck in a Steamed Bun with Hoisin Sauce from China
- Piggy Wings (Fried Pork Wings) with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds from Craft Beers
- Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-roasted Salsa from Greenhouse Guru
- Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce from Morocco
- Twinings Pumpkin Chia Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka from Ireland (Bonus flavor- Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard from Ireland)
- Caposaldo Peach Moscato Sweet Sparkling Wine from Italy
- Frozen Spiked Chai Latte with Baileys Irish Cream
- Frozen Brown Elephant from Africa Outpost
- Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka from Poland (not sure that was a favorite but it was certainly interesting…like drinking literally an apple pie, chunks of apples and all)
DISCLAIMER: I ALMOST ate and drank at every Marketplace Booth…BUT I did run a 5K, 10K and Half Marathon this weekend plus this food was consumed over the course of several days, so my rolling and teetering Around the World in a Food Coma doesn’t seem so bad.
It is NEVER too late to plan a Food & Wine or even run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon (5K or 10K) this year…I can help you with your booking and plans just email me or respond in a comment to this post! I would love to help you discover your inner foodie.
For more information on Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival, follow this LINK